Make your work easier with easy to see, easy to use Fluorescent Dye Tracing Products from Bright Dyes, and the original Leak Detective.
Dye tracing products are used in many analytical applications. The unique needs of our customers seem almost unlimited. Some of the most common uses are:
- Plumbing tracing
- Flow mapping and rate of flow studies
- Power plant piping tracing
- Pollution studies
- Lake, river and pond analysis
- Storm & sewer drain analysis
- Retention time studies
- Condenser coil and tube studies
- Septic system analysis
- Leak detection in many fluid carrying systems
- Check for illegal connections
How Fluorescent Dye Tracing Products Work:
The “visual” aspect of Bright Dyes products refers to normal reflection of light as color. The “fluorescent” aspect refers to special properties of some chemicals to absorb certain wavelengths and then emit, rather than reflect, light in response. The emission can be seen by using a “black” ultraviolet light or precisely measured with a fluorometer. The reflected and emitted light have different wavelengths and are, therefore, not the same color.